News Tips
  
21

Two Java residents are without their home after a fire.

Four volunteer fire companies responded to the apartment rented by John Dingwall and Kari Strenzel yesterday morning on Route 98 in the Town of Java.

Firefighters were on the scene for three hours. Fire was contained to the bedroom with some smoke and water damage to the rest of the home.

Authorities say the fire was caused by an overheated electrical cord in the bedroom. The damage tab was pegged at $30,000.

The renters are being assisted by the American Red Cross.

Actions: E-mail | Comments (1) RSS comment feed | Bookmark and Share

Comments

# Anonymous User
Friday, November 22, 2013 2:04 PM
Fire Destroys Barn in Wyoming County; Firefighters Save Near-by Home

Post Comment

Name (required)

Email (required)

Enter the code shown above:

  |  Login