News Tips
  
18

A fire in Albion destroys a warehouse as a more dangerous situation is averted.

It broke out at around 4 p.m. yesterday on West Avenue at the Orleans Pallet building which stores wood pallets. Fire officials say the owner was cutting pipe when sparks from the grinder caught fire.

The second and third floors and the roof were a total loss, but the situation could have been much worse. Right next door is the Empire Coating company where chemicals were located. The fire never spread to the building, but there were evacuations.

There were no reported injuries. The Genesee County Hazardous Materials team and several Genesee County crews assisted on the scene.

Actions: E-mail | Comments (0) RSS comment feed | Bookmark and Share

Comments

There are currently no comments, be the first to post one.

Post Comment

Name (required)

Email (required)

Enter the code shown above:

  |  Login