News Tips
  
06
A Pavilion family of six is homeless today after fire ripped through their two-story home on Telephone Road.
A passerby reported the blaze around 10:15 yesterday morning.
26-year-old Jessie Rosenbaum was home at the time with four young children.
Pavilion Fire Chief Paul Dougherty:
"By the time we got here, there was fire coming out of most every door and window on the top and bottom floors." 
The four children ran to the second floor of the house where Rosenbaum lowered all of them to the ground through a window.
"They were very lucky to get out given the fact that they ran to the second floor," Doughtery said. 
Rosebaum jumped to ground, injured his back and was taken to UMMC for treatment.
Teresa Martinez owned the house. She had left for work earlier in the morning.
Officials think a kerosene heater operating in a first floor bathroom may have started the blaze.
The house was declared a total loss.

An Attica woman is facing a felony DWI charge under Leandra’s Law.
42-year-old Colleen Hodge of Laurel Drive was arrested Sunday night. 
Attica Police said Hodge “tested positive for alcohol,” and noted that Hodge’s 15-year-old daughter was in the car with her at the time.
Hodge was committed to Wyoming County Jail with bail set at $5,000. 

The death of former Buffalo police officer Patricia Parete over the weekend has been classified a homicide by the Erie County medical examiner's office.  Parete was shot in the line of duty six years ago and had been paralyzed ever since.  Varner Harris is already serving a 30-year prison sentence for shooting Parete and her partner.  Prosecutors are now considering whether new charges of murder should be brought against Harris.  

This season's flu epidemic has claimed its first pediatric death in neighboring Erie County. 
Health officials say an unidentified child within the county has died from the flu, though further details about the case haven't been released.  County officials say the flu has spread widely this season, and they urge all residents to get their flu shots.

Honeoye High School officials are pulling the plug on the school's boy's basketball season over a hazing incident.  Honeoye has canceled its final three regular-season games and the team may not be allowed to play in the upcoming section playoffs.  The move comes as district officials say they have received evidence of potential hazing by some students.
 

 

Actions: E-mail | Comments (0) RSS comment feed | Bookmark and Share

Comments

There are currently no comments, be the first to post one.

Post Comment

Name (required)

Email (required)

Enter the code shown above:

KenBarrett
Tipline
Sterling Tents
AFC
  |  Login