posted on November 09, 2012 15:56
Sunday, Nov. 11:
- 9 a.m. - Genesee County Park (Vietnam Veterans of America)
- 10 a.m. - Batavia VA Medical Center (222 Richmond Ave.) Ceremony will be held by the flagpole at Building 3, followed by coffee social in Building 4, Recreation Hall.
- 10:20 a.m. - New York State Veterans Home following the reading of the NYS proclamation and ceremony. Several proclamations honoring Joseph Joy for membership to the American Legion for 70 years will also be read.
- 11 a.m. - Upton Monument
- 11:30 a.m. Jerome Center at United Memorial Medical Center
Monday, Nov. 12:
- 12:30 p.m. - Genesee Community College at the flag pole.
Tuesday, Nov. 13:
- 12:30 p.m. - 2 p.m. - GCC graduate Jim Lachman will speak about his time as a soldier during the Vietnam War and about his return to the country in the spring of 2012 as a student in a study abroad program. It takes place in the Conable Technology Building in room T102 at the Batavia campus. His lecture is free and open to the public. A member of the Toastmaster's Club at GCC, Lachman is currently working toward a degree in social work at The College at Brockport. He plans on working with veterans upon graduation.