GLOW Cup
News Tips
  
03

The man charged with stabbing a woman to death at the Albion Walmart on Sunday had been arrested just two months ago and released on bail. Police never knew he was in the country, illegally

Luis Rodriguez Flamenco was arrested for assault in Medina two months.  
At the time of his arrest in August, he gave police a phony name.  They were unable to confirm he was an illegal.
He was accused of punching a woman in the face and charged with a misdemeanor.  A town judge set bail at $25,000 cash but another judge lowered it to $2,000, which allowed Flamenco to go free.

Batavia City Hall knows that the North Street Sewer Replacement Project is two months behind schedule, but there is little officials are saying about it.
As we reported earlier this week, residents in the area are growing impatient with the delay.
Residents complained about construction equipment parked in their front yards, loud noises and foul odors – and all of this has taken twice as long as predicted. 
City Manager Jason Molino did say the project may be coming to end in the next few weeks.
 
Molino would not comment further due to the possibility of litigation.

An Oakfield man is recovering today from apparent Carbon Monoxide poisoning. 
John Jackson of Forest Avenue was flown to a hospital in Buffalo yesterday morning when he was found ill and disoriented.
Officials said levels of Carbon Monoxide where were well into the danger range.
A woman and young child, who were in the same house, were treated at UMMC for lesser symptoms.
Officials believe a faulty boiler caused the C-O build-up.

A Batavia man and registered sex offender is accused of failing to report his change of address.
24-year-old Steven Mullen of Liberty Street was arrested yesterday at his house. 
Police say it was not the address Mullen had registered with the state. The state had Mullen living on Law Street.
Failing to report a change of address for a registered sex offender is a felony. 
Actions: E-mail | Comments (1) RSS comment feed | Bookmark and Share

Comments

# Amy L Platten
Friday, November 04, 2011 10:58 AM
Mr. Jackson should get a CO detector put in his house. They really are useful and can save your life.

Post Comment

Name (required)

Email (required)

Enter the code shown above:

KenBarrett
Tipline
Sterling Tents
Wheels and Heels
AFC
  |  Login