News Tips
  
18
Starting Monday, the state will likely require you to have a carbon monoxide detector in your home.
New legislation, called “Amanda’s Law,” goes into effect in four days. It’s named after 16-year-old Amanda Hansen, a West Seneca girl who was killed in her sleep just over a year ago by carbon monoxide poisoning.
The law calls for CO-detectors to be installed in buildings where there are appliances that could potentially emit carbon monoxide – devices like gas-lit boilers, furnaces, and stoves. The detectors will also be required in any home with an attached garage.
 
 
Homes with no potential hazard – such as electrically-heated houses or a house with an electric stove – are exempt from the law.
Actions: E-mail | Bookmark and Share
KenBarrett
Tipline
Sterling Tents
AFC
  |  Login